BONUS 01: Podcast Design Builder Game
Kyle introduces the Podcast Design Builder Game that can be played to strengthen your creativity by forcing you to come up with a podcast idea based on established constraints.
Download the Game
How to Play the Game
- The host invites 2-4 guests to create 10 design requirements (5-10 minutes).
- Each of the guests spends some time creating a rough podcast idea (5-10 minutes).
- Everyone shares their rough podcast idea with the host asking clarifying questions.
- Everyone then explores each other’s creation (Pros/Cons, Open Forum).
- If there needs to be a winner, the host, the guests, or the audience decides.
Rules of the Game
#1 – Roll dice to determine their TEN Podcast Design Requirements
- The Host rolls (1D20, 1D10, 1D6) to determine the 10 podcast design requirements.
#2 – With the Requirements, take 5-10 minutes to develop a PODCAST PROTOTYPE:
- Provide Detail to each Requirement
- Define Their Topic
- Define Their Target Listener
#3 – Give your Podcast a NAME:
- This podcast is called…
#4 – Guests present their PODCAST PROTOTYPE high-level WHY Statement/Synopsis:
- What is this show about (high-level)?
- Who’s it for (target audience)?
- Why should we care (hook)?
#5 – Guests present what their very first episode and season would be:
- Episode #1 is called…
- After a full season you will know
Deciding the Winner (Draft)
- One of the hosts is the judge and the winner is decided at the end.
- Everyone on the show decides who wins and the winner is decided at the end.
- The audience decides which podcast prototype is the winner based on Social Media and Email feedback with the winner announced on Bonus Content
“Crispy WHY! Now with a third less calories!”
— Timothy Kimo Brien
Presented by Create Art Podcast
To get your art muscles strong enough to start designing podcasts, you need to listen to the Create Art Podcast. If you’re like me and crave creativity, art, and learning how to find your artistic muse, then you need to join my good friend Timothy Kimo Brien as he takes a deep dive into the world of creativity with the Create Art Podcast.
Not Easily Squished, hosted by Kyle M. Bondo, talks about Audio Experience (AX) Design and the emerging discipline of Podcast Design. Learn how to take your fragile podcast concept and transform it into a fierce audio experience that is Not Easily Squished!
- NES Website: noteasilysquished.com
- NES Theme Music “What Are You Waiting For” by NoiseWorld
- NES Libsyn Episode Library
- NES Podcast Industry Model [PDF]
NES is a Gagglepod Studios Production
Thank you for listening! Be sure to check out the other Gagglepod Studios shows including Podwrecked, PAUSE for Dramatic Effect, and Create Art Podcast — you can find all of these and more at Gagglepod.com